National Rifle Association (NRA) Foundation Scholarship
Summer Term Scholarship
The NRA Foundation has provided scholarship funding for the purpose of furthering gunsmith education. The NRA Foundation intends that such scholarships will provide tuition assistance scholarships to students with recognized financial need to assist recipients in achieving gunsmith certification.
Scholarships will be awarded to students meeting the following criteria:
1. Enrolled in the Summer NRA Program working toward the Gunsmithing Technician Certificate;
2. Individual having a recognized financial need;
3. Recommendation from gunsmith program instructor(s) or faculty
Students must remain in good standing at TSJC.
To complete an application for consideration, you must submit ALL of the following items:
1. A personal essay describing yourself, your goals, and your financial need or crisis (include in your General Application Personal Statement).
2. A copy of your income tax return or FAFSA financial aid application.
3. Recommendation from a gunsmith program instructor(s) or faculty
Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship review committee who will make recommendations based on the materials submitted by scholarship applicants.
Students chosen for an award will be required to send a formal letter of thanks to The NRA Foundation and will be encouraged to attend the weekly NRA Program awards dinner held on Thursday night each week during the Summer Program.